As a team of experts, physicians, and nurses, Matribhumi Heart Care Hospitals Bangladesh offers comprehensive, innovative, and advanced cardiology, cardiothoracic & vascular surgery care. Our EECP center performs EECP treatment. SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT NOW!
Enhanced External Counter Pulsation (EECP) can create a natural bypass around narrowed or blocked arteries.
EECP therapy uses noninvasive techniques which include electrical impulses that are applied to the skin. These impulses generate pressure waves that travel through the body to specific areas. EECP therapy may be combined with other treatments, such as coronary artery bypass grafting. These methods may increase the likelihood of a patient becoming symptom-free and returning to their normal lifestyle. EECP therapy may help to prevent heart attacks by improving the blood flow to the heart muscle. This method of treatment is safe and effective and can be performed on an outpatient basis. EECP may also help to decrease the number of anginal episodes (chest pain). EECP therapy is an alternative that may be considered when traditional cardiac treatments are ineffective.
It is known that EECP therapy can help to build new pathways around blocked arteries in the heart by expanding networks of tiny collateral blood vessels that facilitate blood flow to the heart muscle. It can also increase the blood flow to the heart muscle and it can help to prevent heart attacks. In some cases, EECP therapy can help to reduce blood pressure, treat chest pain and treat other heart conditions like heart failure and arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat).
Working of EECP
Our Preventive Cardiology services include the EECP therapy for heart block, in which a set of blood pressure cuffs are applied to both legs. It increases blood flow to the heart by softly but forcefully compressing the veins in the legs. An electrical system automatically syncs each pressure wave with your pulse to boost blood flow to your heart at precisely scheduled intervals. When your heart starts beating again, the pressure instantly drops, reducing resistance in your leg blood arteries and making it easier for your heart to pump blood to your legs.
‘Natural bypass’ arteries in the heart may develop from ECP-opened minor or collateral blood capillaries. Relieving chest discomfort is another benefit of increased blood flow to the heart’s muscles.
Course of Treatment
- Since EECP is completely non-invasive and drug-free, there are very few hazards involved in using it. The pressure cuffs’ inflating and deflating actions can cause brief muscle pains or skin irritation, which are the most often reported side effects.
- In 1998 and 2002, the US FDA granted EECP approval for the treatment of angina and heart failure, respectively. About 800 hospitals in the USA are currently providing the treatment.
- There are 500 hospitals in Europe and 150 in India. Since July 2009, the Japan-Bangladesh Friendship Hospital has offered this cutting-edge therapy for the first time in Bangladesh, under the close supervision of renowned cardiologist Dr. M.A. Baqui.
- At this point, we have treated 700 patients effectively, including 100 female patients; 90% of patients report feeling comfortable after finishing this therapy. Some patient responses are quite satisfying.
Who is Eligible for EECP treatment?
EECP Therapy has emerged as a “Bridge Therapy” for patients who are still on a waiting list for Bypass Surgery. EECP Therapy is for Patients with Coronary Artery Disease (Commonly known as Heart Blockages in the general population and Angina, Patients with Refractory Angina.
Who should not get EECP Treatment?
Everyone should not expect to receive EECP Treatment. Patients with high blood pressure (before achieving normal blood pressure) and those with the severe valvular disease are not good candidates for EECP treatments. Aortic regurgitation (AR) that is moderate to severe is not a candidate for EECP treatment. Aortic rupture, irregular heartbeats, deep vein thrombosis (DVT), uncontrolled congestive heart failure (CHF) grades 3 and 4, injury, ventricular septal defect (ASD), ventricular septal defect (VSD), pregnancy, severe peripheral artery disease, clotting disorders, and so on are all potential side effects for EECP treatment.
Duration of EECP
At our EECP center in Bangladesh, patients must undergo 35 hours of EECP therapy. In total, 7 weeks of treatment are administered 5/6 days a week for one to two hours each day.
An EECP prescription typically specifies 35 hours of therapy, administered for 1/2 a day, 5/6 days a week. There are some patients who may require additional treatment weeks before they experience relief from their ANGINA symptoms, despite the fact that most patients receive relief after 12-13 hours of treatment.
Patients at Matribhumi heart care’s EECP center in Bangladesh have experienced significant relief from heart block symptoms after this comprehensive non-invasive procedure, and they were able to return to their normal routines immediately.
Preparation before EECP therapy
- To prevent chafing, the patient is required to wear tight-fitting clothing like athletic tights.
- Tobacco products and smoking should be stopped by the patient.
- We measure and record the patient’s blood pressure, pulse, breathing rate, and weight.
- In order to detect possible vascular problems, the patient’s legs are examined.
- EECP benefits and risks are discussed with the patient by the healthcare team.
- Prior to the procedure, the patient must sign a consent form.
Benefits Of EECP therapy
- Reduced the need for angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors.
- Angina Symptoms Have Been Minimized.
- A Greater Capacity to Perform Tasks without Experiencing Bad Effects.
- As A Result Of Vaso-Meditech’s EECP Treatment Program, Your Heart Muscles Are Protected And Collateral Circulation Is Improved.
- This Collateral Circulation Is Triggered, Accelerated, And Made Permanent By EECP Treatment.
Any Side effects of the EECP Procedure
Muscle soreness, bruises from the compression cuffs, a headache from the increased blood flow to the brain, and dizziness from the lowered blood pressure are all side effects that patients having the EECP procedure may have, albeit these are uncommon. Even though fractures rarely seem to be reported, those with advanced cases of osteoporosis are at risk. Occasionally, the increased blood flow to the failing heart from the EECP surgery could worsen CHF or heart failure, leading to embolism in the lungs.
We are the most trusted name in non-invasive cardiology EECP procedures thanks to our skilled team, state-of-the-art facilities, and stress-free, professional care atmosphere. The EECP Center Bangladesh At Martribhumi Heart Care Brings Technology And Great Practice Together With Compassion.